Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Hush, Hush Series (Books 1-3)

“Call me Patch.” He said. “I mean it. Call me.”

Bad boys are a staple in most young adult novels. They have dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin. Everything about them is dark. That is what makes a bad boy so alluring to their unsuspecting female targets. Unfortunately, the bad boy act has been done so many times that it becomes nauseating to read: another disastrous damsel-in-distress reeled in by a black leather jacket and slicked-back hair. Come on, ladies!

Enter Patch, the male lead in Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush series. He's sarcastic, sinister, and you're never really sure if he's good or bad. I spent a few lazy days at the beach nervously flipping through the pages of the three published books in the series trying to figure him out. I loved him, I hated him, I literally laughed out loud at his corny jokes, but above all, I was captivated by him. What makes the series so interesting is that you truly cannot predict what he's going to do next. He's a welcome departure from the cookie-cutter bad boys chiseled into many fantasy novels.

The final book in the series, Finale, is set for release on October 23, 2012. I am so excited to see what that nuisance will do next. If you haven't caught up on the series, I suggest you begin reading now. By the time you're finished, it may appear that Patch has again switched sides...

No comments:

Post a Comment